Fathom Computing is building hardware for the future of machine intelligence. Our optical computer will allow training of vast neural networks with unprecedented performance. We're also a Public Benefit Corporation looking to make the next generation of AI safe, humane, and beneficial.
We’re seeking a computer architect with strong principles-first understanding of microarchitecture and ISA design. You will collaborate closely with colleagues from other disciplines (optics, machine learning, etc.) to lead the design and implementation of Fathom computers.
Note: This is not an entry-level position.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in EE or equivalent.
- Familiarity with multi/many-core CPU architectures, as well as SIMD/vector architectures.
- Experience in architecture, design, layout, tape-out, and testing of VLSI ICs.
- Proficiency in Verilog, VHDL, or Chisel.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate on complex cross-disciplinary systems.
- Analytic, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Drive to build something that hasn't been built before.
- Significant academic or work experience in computer architecture and implementation (including but not limited to published papers, patents, industry, and personal projects).
- Experience in atypical architectures (e.g. neuromorphic).