Fathom is building an optical computer that replaces electricity in processors with light allowing super-parallel operations. Our brain-scale optical processors will allow us to train vast neural networks with unprecedented performance.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We require experienced optical and laser physicists to help with the research and development for the future of machine learning hardware.
- Use your technical skills and deep knowledge of physics to bring a physical understanding and first principles problem-solving approach to varied challenges
- Think creatively and work closely with our interdisciplinary team which comprises experts in machine learning, laser science, optical engineering, semiconductor fabrication and electronics
- Conceive, design, simulate, specify and implement optical devices and subsystems
- Working closely with the laboratory team, interpret and reconcile empirical data with first-principles analytical and/or numerical simulations
- Extremely broad and deep background in optics and physics
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Worked on a large variety of projects
- Solid understanding of optical systems, coherence, laser and non-laser sources
- Fluent in at least one programming language (Python preferred)